Monday, November 06, 2006

New Inspiration


Chris and I celebrated our three year wedding anniversary at a Bed & Breakfast in a sleepy Missouri town along the Katy Trail this past weekend. It was a perfect fall weekend along the bluffs of the Missori River. It was our first B&B weekend and it won't be our last.

While exploring the small town (population:208), we stumbled across a few antique shops. At one shop in particular, I found an antique book of receipts dated back to 1907 for only $14. I also discovered a set of bird, nest and birdcage stamps. They are new, but look vintage.

I took today off and finished a few pieces after getting a facial. (This is my first facial at age 30!) Check it out - see the small nest stamp!

I'm fresh out of canvases and awaiting a giant order from Dick Blick. I have more than 30 on the way in the next few days. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Site Meter