Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Did I do that?


I have already told this story to a few of you, but...

I went to a bachelorette party a few weeks ago and drove myself home at 1:30 in the morning. I truly was fine to drive, only having about 3 beers.

Flash forward to Saturday morning when I pulled into the YMCA parking lot (note: Had I had more than three beers I wouldn't have even considered the Y as an option on an early Saturday morning). I pulled into the parking spot and glanced into the rear view mirror to see red blood all over the back of my rear window. "Holy s*#t! I couldn't have killed someone or something on my way home. Could I? I was fine to drive!" I got out and observed a bit more closely. I couldn't honestly rule out blood. Rather than going into the Y, I decided to head back home and try to figure this mystery out.

I pulled into the driveway, got out of the car and realized that the blood was all over the driveway and up and down the sidewalk. Whew! At least if I killed someone, it was a neighbor that was walking in front of my house at 1:30 a.m. Idiot.

I touched my finger to the "blood" and my finger was instantly stained a bright pink. Yes, pink. Woo Hoo! It wasn't blood. I was just the victim of a crazy bunch of pranksters having fun on St. Patty's.

Long story short...I couldn't decide if I should take pictures, call the police or take my car to get cleaned and if so, in what order? I took pictures. I washed my car. The paint mostly came out. I then filed a police report. Turns out it happened to a few other cars on the block. I headed back to the Y.

No comments:

Site Meter