Thursday, May 31, 2007

And we're off



The Prairie Village Art Show starts tomorrow. I'm ready, but nervous. I've been working so hard to get ready and I wonder how many hours I've really put in to it. I just hope that it is all worth it in the end.

Emily, Ben and my mom surprised me with my very own artist/directors chair. It's very fancy...white with a reddish canvas seat and back. Oh la la. And Chris...I mentioned that I wanted a pedestal to place a vase of flowers, business cards and a mailing list notebook. The next thing I know, he's built one for me. This is the same guy who tried to build a patio set out of 2x4's. The chairs weighed 110 pounds each. I must say he did a very fine job on the pedestal table.

For those of you in the Kansas City area, my connections (aka friends) have paid off and I'm going to have a live television interview on NBC's Kansas City Live on Friday morning. The shot should be at 10:10 or 10:40 a.m. Check it out and watch me make a complete fool of myself. Fun times!

Here's a little glimpse of the preparations...I will try to document the weekend and post next week!



Here are two photos of two of my three 16x20s. The photos don't do them justice and there is no time to scan them at the camera shop. So...you get the idea.



Stop by if you're in the neighborhood. Booth #34 across from Mr. Goodcents! Friday 5 to 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

No comments:

Site Meter