Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Busy weekend

It was a busy weekend with work...real work, not putz-in-the-"studio"-while-having-fun-work. Oh well. I plan to take Friday off to make up for it.

I received another commission this week for a 60th birthday present from the nicest couple just a few blocks from our house. I think I'm going to really enjoy this one because it's for a man and almost everything I create seem to be rather girlish.

I hesitate to publish some of the commissions I've created lately just in case the recipients are blog readers. I doubt it, but you never know.

Here are a few pieces that I did a few weekends back.



These images have no birds in them, but Lisa and I were remarking that nearly everything we buy on Etsy has birds in it. This shop is even called urbanbird and I love everything in it! We agreed that neither of us really like real birds, so why the fascination with them? They are everywhere. I've purchased three things on Etsy with birds and I just bought a pillow with a bird from Urban Bazaar.

What is the next big motif going to be? It's funny how you see things pop up and then suddenly it's everywhere. I was into butterflies, then dragonflies. That is SO yesterday. I've seen lots of deer lately. Owls? Brocade? Skulls? What's the next big thing because I'm sure to fall for it.

No comments:

Site Meter