Sunday, August 26, 2007

Out of the funk

This weekend went by in a flash! I got a haircut, made a cheesecake, went to the pool, went to the gym - because I ate a lot of the cheesecake - and still managed to complete a few pieces.

I've been at a standstill for a few weeks and I finally broke out of the funk. I went back to my older style and tried not to be as painterly. I experimented and was pretty happy about the results.

This piece is called "Flight". It's a vintage photograph of a single seagull. I've never used such heavily textured paper before, but I liked the overall effect once I painted over it.

This was another piece that is simple yet bright and colorful. I love the picture and they way the little girl is looking away from the person that is holding her hand.

This was more of an experiment with color than anything else. If you are having a hard time making out the photo, it is a girl on a swing. All three of the above photos were found on eBay. Quite a score.

Chris and I went to the Humane Society auction on Friday night. I donated two pieces and together they raised $120 for the very worthwhile charity. I do have to admit that Margaret and Kara bought the pieces. I'm not sure if they were just doing me a favor to save me from embarrassment, but it's all for a good cause!

No comments:

Site Meter