Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mad Cooking Skills


Feels like I've been away forever. I returned from Scottsdale late Friday night and I was exhausted. On Saturday, we had plans to have the in-laws over for dinner, but it was all on Chris. He had just attended our monthly cooking class in my absence and was raving about what he had learned. So, he put his money where his mouth was...literally. He made Grand Street pork chops (which are brined overnight and then breaded...think country fried pork chop), creamy mashed potatoes (we used our new potato ricer...well, not new since we got it as a wedding gift, but new to us and it is a must for mashed potato lovers...Moe?), fresh green beans with brown sugar and toasted pecans, orange and cranberry salad with a homemade orange vinaigrette and...you will not believe this...phyllo wrapped brownies topped with chocolate ganache, drizzled with white chocolate Gran Marnier sauce and fresh raspberry puree. WHAT!? It was so great. It puts my mad cooking skills to shame. That boy can cook AND bake AND he helped clean the house in advance of the party. Jump back.

Since all of Saturday was spent preparing for the party, I was finally able to get some work done for the River Festival coming up in June. May is booked, so I must get a few things done prior to the show. Here are a few pieces I completed on Sunday. Agh! Yes...those are sparrows. More birds.


No comments:

Site Meter