Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Final Countdown

Chris and I enjoyed the Richard Petty Driving Experience last weekend. I have to admit that I was a little hesitant, but it was a BLAST! After an hour of brief instruction, they strap you in and let you follow an instructor in front of your car. The entire "experience"only lasts for 8 laps, but it is completely worth it. I went 137 m.p.h. Chris went 136. It was a good day.
Chris pulls into the home stretch at Kansas Speedway

Getting in and out of the car was the hardest part.

The conclusion to Saturday's exciting driving experience was a dinner with Lisa and Reid at Marina Grog & Galley on Lake Lotawana. It was fancy. Chris had four mojitos and then concluded the night of fancy dining and sweet drinks with a few cans of Busch Light over a card game. I did learn something new about Chris this weekend...he bought a synthesizer in 6th grade just so he could learn how to play "The Final Countdown." I always knew he had mad skills, but WHAT!? So impressed.

No comments:

Site Meter