Thursday, July 19, 2007

Excellent little gems

Most of the things I use in my artwork is found at antique stores or on ebay. Tonight I was outbid on a vintage wallpaper book from the 1970's. I became a crazed lunatic refreshing the page every 20 seconds at the end of the auction. I lost the auction and was willing to shell out $75 when the auction ended and I lost. Ugh.

So I went back and perused some ebay stores that offered vintage photos. I found a great seller with lots of good images. I'm trying to steer away from the candid shots that are up close lately. I want to find some that are a bit skewed, faces hidden. A little bit of mystery, I guess.

Well, I did buy 13 photos that I can't wait to receive, but I also stumbled across these little gems. If you are interested in these photos let me know and I'll send you a link, but you and I both know that I will think you are a complete freak. The family photo at the bottom may be too hard to resist though. What a classic!





No comments:

Site Meter